THE TOP 5 SHOPS for board riders in Amsterdam. Below our top 5 shops for those who love to ride. All you need for those who love
SURF - SKATE - SNOW.
1. THE OLD MAN SOUTH is located outside the center, has a bar, rents out stand up paddle boards (for a perfect day through the canals) and has a lot of parking space in front of the door (cheap parking, max 1 hour). The cozy shop of over 300m2 offers a collection of boardsport items for the whole family. In the winter sports season there is a large snowboard and clothing department and in the summer the layout changes to a shop for sports such as skateboarding, surfing, wakeboarding and stand up paddle boarding. In the back you'll find The Old Man Cafe it is an Amsterdam-American café, with delicious burgers, sandwiches, snacks and good coffee.
Route to The Old Man South >
2. T.O.M.S. (The Old Man Skateshop) started in 1998 as a skateboard corner in the boardsports shop 'The Old Man'. With this shop outside the tourist area, Toms Skateshop goes back to the “core”; skateboarding as a basis. Given the many developments regarding skateboarding in Amsterdam, Toms Skateshop responds precisely to this. The new store has a mini-ramp, specialists in the field of skateboarding work and the range includes a wide collection of different skate-related brands. Come by for questions, advice and fun, at Amsterdam's coolest skate shop!
Route to Tom's Skateshop >.
3. The DC Store Amsterdam is located in the heart of the famous Amsterdam Red Light District. The sports shop is located in the former monumental Tea and Coffee Museum. The interior breathes a special mix of history and modern. At DC Store you can find sportswear, shoes and accessories for men, women and children. There is a wide choice and this makes DC Shoes one of the best action sports brands.
Route to the DC store >.
4. The Old Man Center is located in the old city center, close to the DC store and next to Dam square. There are three shops to enjoy when you're inside, The Old Man Smoke supplies, The Old Man Boardshop and The Old Man Knives & Tools. It all started in the 1970s with the African statue of an old man. He has been at the door of The Old Man store since 1978. He is a remnant of when African art was still sold to the local hippies by Mrs. Eberhardt and her husband. Then with the rise of weed and its popularity, they soon expanded with smoke supplies, later also the knife and tools collection was added. In the stores you will find a large collection of products from brands such as Vans, Quiksilver, Roxy, Element, Burton, Dakine and many others on 2 floors. On the ground floor you will find a large collection of clothing, shoes, bags, caps, sunglasses for both men and women.
5. Volcom Streetwear shop in the old city center close to The Old Man Center. Volcom is known for its collaborations with artists and therefore offers a range of unique designs and clothing.
Route to the Volcom Store >